Chakra Balancing - Los Angeles
Chakra Balancing using stones and crystals
• Balancing your chakras improves your health and well-being, physically, mentally and emotionally. Anyone can benefit from this and experience a long-lasting feeling of well-being every day of their lives.
• The beauty and power of crystals and other stones have long been recognized, from the ancient times of Tutankhamen to the modern masterpieces of Cartier and Faberge.
• They have always been prized for their beauty and their healing and spiritual properties.
• Healers, shamans, priests and spiritual seekers have used crystals and stones for their special powers.
• Crystal and stone healing today continues to find new ways in which minerals can help us restore to balance our stressful lives.
• Science has yet to determine what happens during crystal or stone healing, but changes felt by the participants and the lasting benefits that can be gained are not diminished by this. A popular theory is that crystals and stones actually vibrate at the same pitch as people, and can be used to relieve suffering because the resonance between the patient and the stone either combats the vibration of illness or amplifies those of health.
• Traditional remedies, such as herbalism, homeopathy and crystal/stone therapies, can be seen as natural alternatives for, or complementary with modern drugs. With the recent swing toward holistic and alternative medicine, many people are turning to crystals and stones not only to help cure their ailments, but significantly, to maintain optimum health.
What are Chakras? & How do they affect us?
• Chakras are energy centers located all over our body. Its name derives from the Sanskrit word for “wheel” or “turning”. They were first mentioned over 2000 years ago in ancient Hindu texts called the “Upanishads”. These energy centers are recognized in Traditional Chinese Medicine as Dantiens and are comprised of only three major centers that are interconnected through a series of meridians. We have thousands of energy centers in our body but the seven major ones are located along our spine from its base to the crown of the head. Each chakra is represented by a color of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet/white.
• The chakras absorb energy that comes from our thoughts, feelings and outside environment and feed this to our body. Our body is affected by the quality of the energy that passes through the chakras. For instance, if we have negative feelings, we will be filtering negative energy through our chakras and into our body. Over time this can make our body ill. Our chakras also absorb energy from the environment. Other people’s negative emotions or a room full of clutter will produce an unhealthy energy which we absorb.
• We cannot avoid coming into contact with negative energy or feeling down sometimes, but there is a lot that we can do to change our feelings from negative to positive and to protect ourselves from harmful energy in the environment. Keeping our chakras in pristine condition is the key, in other words keeping them spinning in balance. Chakra balancing is a bit like spring-cleaning the chakras and fine-tuning them.
•Each chakra is associated with different body parts, emotions and life areas. In balancing each chakra you will be giving energy and help to any issues or problems you have. Below is a summary of what each chakra relates to and their meanings.
1. Muladhara: Root/Base Chakra
Positioned at the base of the spine/tailbone.
Relates to connectivity to the earth, physical energy, will, passion, fear and sense of security. It is responsible for the fight-or-flight response when survival is under threat. It rules the kidneys and the spinal column.
2. Swadhisthana: Sacral/Navel Chakra
Situated approx. 2 finger widths below the navel at the sacrum.
Relates to desire, creativity, sexuality and procreation. It is the center of wellness for the body. It rules the digestive and reproductive systems.
3. Manipura: Solar Plexus Chakra
Situated between the breastbone and the navel.
Relates to power, confidence, growth, ambition, intellect and focus. Protects against negativity. It rules the stomach, liver, gall-bladder and pancreas.
4. Anahata: Heart Chakra
Situated at the center of the chest, level with the heart.
Relates to compassion, unconditional love for self and others, oneness, serenity, devotion, calmness and well-being. It contains the divine seed of the God force within us all, the source of identification with the “I” thought. It rules the heart, thymus, circulatory system.
5. Vishuddha: Throat Chakra
Situated at the neck, above the collarbone.
Relates to communication and growth through expression, creativity through thought, speech, writing and song. Energy and understanding in verbal and mental communication. It is the bridge between our higher and lower energies. It rules the thyroid gland, throat, lungs, vocal chords, breath.
6. Ajna: Third Eye/Brow Chakra
Situated in the center of the brow, just above the eyebrows.
Relates to psychic awareness, clairvoyance, intuition, clarity of mind, concentration and mental agility. Key issues involve balancing the higher and lower selves and trusting inner guidance. It is the principal of all knowledge. It rules the nose, central nervous system, left eye, pituitary gland and is linked to the pineal gland.
7. Sahasrara: Crown Chakra
Situated at the top of the head or above the crown of the head.
Relates to spirituality, God consciousness, enlightenment, awareness, inner wisdom, death of the body, connection to the Godhead. Sahasrara which means thousand petalled lotus, is generally considered to be the chakra of pure consciousness, within which there is neither object nor subject. The illusion of the individual self is dissolved. All feelings, emotions and desires, which are the activities of the mind, are dissolved into their primary cause. The union is achieved…sat-chit-ananda, truth-being-bliss. It rules the cerebrum, right eye and pineal gland.
90 min session: $200
Please contact Brian to book a session:
**Currently ONLY booking house call sessions in and around Los Angeles**